Saturday, May 22, 2010

Where I've been (Updated)

May has just been an especially hectic and exhausting month for me. Mostly that's been about work, which is more or less a good thing. Additionally, when I have had leisure time, I've been concentrating a lot of that on a hobby that I've been on the fringes of all my life but lately have decided to get more involved in. (You can find out what that is by seeing the other blog on my profile.)

Anyway, I've been half-writing lots of posts in my head and I hope that at some point I'll be able to take some time to put some of them down here, or maybe even some other ones that I haven't even thought of yet.

So, bottom line, I will be back, but I'm not exactly sure how soon... Until then, have a happy late spring day, everyone.

Update:
I meant to add:

A few weeks back I wrote about engaging in a spiritual discipline and got several helpful and generous responses, for which I thank everyone who commented.

I have, since then, dipped a toe in those waters. Every morning I am trying to take time to simply read a bit from various sources (currently I'm re-reading Stephen Pressfield's The War of Art; I also plan reading from Thich Nhat Hanh and from Forrest Church among others in the future), spend some quiet time reflecting and summoning my highest, best self, and as the mood suits, either listening to music that I find inspirational, reading an appropriate prayer or meditation, or both.

For now I'm keeping this practice deliberately unstructured, except to say that I block off my first 30 minutes of my work time each day for it.

And when I do engage in it--which I admit I do not every day--I do find myself more centered and satisfied and ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated retroactively. Comments will be published immediately, but spam, slander, abuse personally directed at other commenters or at third parties, or comments that hijack the thread will be removed without further discussion, explanation or apology. Comments that I am unable to read (for whatever reason) will be deleted.

Comments that challenge the viewpoints expressed here within the bounds of civility and good manners are welcome. Blogger limits comments to 4,096 characters.