Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Playing with matches"

David Pyle looks thoughtfully at the emotional state of the far right -- and speaks from the distinct vantage point of one who has been there.

"I do not want to write about this to cause fear, because I do not think there really is much for society as a whole to fear. But for individuals on the political left who have been identified as targets, there is certainly reason to be cautious right now… because I believe the far-right of American Politics is an emotional tinderbox, and certain conservative politicians and media icons are playing with matches."

The rest is here.

(Note: The only reason this one isn't categorized under "Stuff I wish I'd written" is because I simply would never have qualified to write it. But I admire it all the same -- if not more.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated retroactively. Comments will be published immediately, but spam, slander, abuse personally directed at other commenters or at third parties, or comments that hijack the thread will be removed without further discussion, explanation or apology. Comments that I am unable to read (for whatever reason) will be deleted.

Comments that challenge the viewpoints expressed here within the bounds of civility and good manners are welcome. Blogger limits comments to 4,096 characters.