Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Essential References, No. 1

Some 15 years ago I made a pitch to cover religion for a major metropolitan newspaper where I worked at the time. In the end, because of major changes there, I withdrew my interest and left the publication to start a new life as a freelance writer -- a life in which I've only written one story about religion so far (I'm actually working on a second one, but that's another matter).

Still, the topic of religion and how it's covered in the media remains of keen interest to me.

In that vein, if I were a religion writer now, I would consider The Wild Hunt essential reading on my beat. This post today exemplifies why.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated retroactively. Comments will be published immediately, but spam, slander, abuse personally directed at other commenters or at third parties, or comments that hijack the thread will be removed without further discussion, explanation or apology. Comments that I am unable to read (for whatever reason) will be deleted.

Comments that challenge the viewpoints expressed here within the bounds of civility and good manners are welcome. Blogger limits comments to 4,096 characters.